If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: All of the ingredients are perfectly balanced in this “I can eat it by itself” chicken salad. Even if you don’t like green peppers, you’ll like them in this – promise! The apples and the cranberries bring a sweetness that offsets the curry and chicken in a really nice way. I hope you enjoy! —Meghan Little
- 1.5 pounds Chicken Breasts
- Adobo Seasoning (or Poultry Seasoning)
- 1 cup Chicken Stock
Chicken Salad Dressing
- 1.5 teaspoons Yellow Madras Curry
- 1 teaspoon Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Paleo Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Diced Green Peppers
- 1/4 cup Diced Celery
- 2 tablespoons Dried Cranberries
- 2/3 cup Honeycrisp Apples
- 1/4 cup Chopped Pecans
- 2 tablespoons Sliced Green Onion
- Sea Salt (to taste)
- Dust the chicken with adobo seasoning on all sides. Place the chicken in a saucepan, add the chicken stock and fill with water until the chicken is covered.
- Bring the chicken to a boil and cook for 3 minutes on high. After 3 minutes, take the chicken off the heat, cover and let sit 10-12 minutes or until no longer pink inside. Take out of the water and let cool. Then dice and add to a bowl.
- Dice the green peppers, celery, apple (peel as well), green onions (sans the white part), and pecans and add to the chicken. Combine with the cranberries, lime juice, mayo and sea salt.
- Refrigerate overnight if you like or serve immediately. I actually like this overnight a little better – gives time for the ingredients to blend.