Author Notes: For a bachelor dinner, it's either this or whole-wheat pasta with broccoli rabe and anchovies. Anyway, what's not to like about oysters and beer. What else can I say? —pas
- 1/2 cup semolina flour
- Some splashes beer
- 1 pinch salted chervil
- Whisk just enough beer to make the flour into a smooth paste.
- Use immediately.
- 24 big-bellied oysters
- 1 quart safflower oil
- 1 beer batter
- Some mayonaise
- Reserved shots of oyster juice
- Shuck the oysters and heat the oil until it's almost smoking.
- Batter each oyster and fry.
- Flip oysters once and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with a mayonnaise, oyster juice, Sriracha sauce. Or if you're feeling fancy, nuoc cham or gribiche sauce.
- More beer is always good at this point.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Home Alone Dinner