If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is the perfect breakfast; warm and comforting, creamy, packed with flavor and nutrients and oh-so-dreamy. If you've never tried amaranth before then this is the recipe for you. It's easy to make and I guarantee it'll become one of your new favorite breakfasts.
Although this is called porridge it's actually rather thin, but if you'd like it to be thicker add some rolled oats at the beginning of the cooking process. Either way I promise it'll taste great.
This can also be chilled and served as a dessert. —Lane Hansen | Green Spirit Adventures
- 1 cup amaranth, rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 orange, juice
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (optional)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons maca powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- Combine the amaranth and water in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. (Add the oats, if desired.)
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 15-20 minutes, until all of the water has been soaked up.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Serve with pomegranate, raisins, pumpkin seeds, orange slices and oats, if desired. Enjoy!!