If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I wanted a breakfast quesadilla and had the realization that a frying egg is about the size of a tortilla! What could be easier than just sticking some cheese and the tortilla atop the egg and frying it all together? Easy-peasy-nice-and-cheesy! —fiveandspice
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grated mild cheese (like Monterey Jack or mild cheddar)
- One 6-inch tortilla – corn or flour, your choice (though flour folds a little better)
- Sliced avocado and your favorite salsa for serving
- In a small frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat until it is foaming. Crack in the egg and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheese over the egg, then set the tortilla on top of the whole shebang.
- Cook until the egg is fairly set, a minute or two, then use a wide spatula to flip the whole thing over so the egg is on top and the tortilla is on the bottom. Cook another couple minutes, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla starts to brown. Then, use the spatula to gently fold your little quesadilla in half and transfer it to a plate.
- Serve with avocado and salsa.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!