If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I absolutely love these chicken meatballs! The fish sauce gives them bite while the avocado keeps them moist and creamy. Best of all, they're healthy and super quick to make. I eat them nestled in lettuce cups or with brown rice and wilted kale. Or, make them into patties and throw them on the grill. —Erinn
- 1 pound ground chicken (all-white or all-breast meat)
- 1 avocado, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon good quality fish sauce (I prefer Red Boat)
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 thumb-sized knob of ginger, minced
- 4 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 1/2 small zucchini, minced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- It's almost embarrassing how easy these are to make. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat oven to 375. Mix all ingredients together being careful not to mash the avocado too much. With wet hands, form the mixture into balls. (I use a food scale and weigh out 1.5 ounce portions for 16 balls.) Bake for 30 minutes, rotating pan once. Optional: Finish under the broiler.