If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tender chicken marinated in fennel seeds, pepper, mint and sugar. Roasted. Cut and placed in a delicious wrap with salad and pomegranate and honey sauce —Trisha
- 3 pieces deboned Chicken Thigh
- 2 tablespoons Fennel seeds, ground
- 2 tablespoons peppercorns, ground coarsely
- 5 sprigs mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- Salt, to taste
- 2 cloves Garlic, crushed
- Tomatoes and salad veggies for wrap
- Preheat the oven to 200 °C and marinade the chicken with the peppercorns, fennel seeds, garlic, sunflower oil and salt
- On a medium to high heat in a frying pan, add 1 tablespoon sunflower oil and add in the chicken with the marinade. Seal all edges of the chicken.
- Place the chicken and all marinade into a baking tray and add the rest of the oil and sprinkle the sugar on top of each piece. Place in the oven until cooked through and baste throughout.
- Remove the chicken from oven and cover the baking tray in foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Cut up into strips and add to a wrap with salad and pomegranate and honey dip (see below).
The Pomegranate and Honey yoghurt dip
- 200 milliliters greek yoghurt
- 1 handful pomegranate
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 pinch salt
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken