If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This salad is so easy to make and so lightly delicious – fresh purple cabbage tossed with a good olive oil, some sea salt, apple cider vinegar and a little lemon. Make it an hour ahead or let it sit in the fridge overnight. The great thing about this salad is the longer it sits the better it gets! —coffeefoodwrite
Serves 8-10 as side dish
- 1/2 head purple cabbage
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (from about 1 med. lemon)
- 1/4 cup +2Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/8 cup +1tsp. apple cider vinegar (can substitute white wine vinegar but apple cider has the best balance of acidity)
- sea salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- Core and thinly slice the cabbage into julienned strips.
- Combine all ingredients together in large bowl and toss well.
- Refrigerate at least one hour and up to 24 hours in advance of serving. Can keep in refrigerator for 5 days.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Lettuce-Free Salad