Author Notes: Flavorful chicken thighs smothered in a thick, syrupy sauce made by simply reducing down 100% pure, unfiltered apple juice. —Lauren Goslin
- 1 3/4 cups 100% unfiltered apple juice
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper dashes to your taste
- Heat a deep pan over medium high heat.
- Add the juice first and bring to a low boil.
- Add in the chicken and sprinkle the meat with dashes of both salt and pepper.
- Lower everything to a simmer and cover the pan, cooking for 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over, and cook for another 15 minutes, covered.
- At this time, pop the lid up so that steam can escape, allowing the apple juice to reduce down (the pan should still be partially covered).
- Cook for another 5-10 minutes until the juice is thick and syrupy, turning the chicken every few minutes.
- Watch it closely for the last 2-3 minutes, as it can burn quickly.
- Remove from heat once the chicken is cooked through and the juice resembles honey in consistency.
- Re-season, if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chicken