If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I frantically called my mom the afternoon of NYE asking for ideas to make an easy dip for a NYE party. I didn’t have much time to plan ahead because work kept me busy but mom came to the rescue! She saw this recipe on Show Me The Curry and she has made this a bunch of times. She adds her own twist to eat each time she makes it and its always super delicious. I guess I get my “I can’t follow a recipe” from her and how ironic that I have a recipe blog! Anyway, this dip turned out delicious and only took me 20 minutes to put together. This is definitely a crowd pleaser…perfect for any party. —themessimake.com
Serves a crowd
- 2 cans black beans
- 1/2 small red onion – chopped
- 2 small or 1 big tomato – chopped (remove the seeds)
- 1 small green bell pepper – chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper – chopped
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup cilantro leaves – chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño – finely chopped (remove seeds for a milder version). You can also use a shredder to get finer pieces. Remove the seeds to avoid the dip from getting too spicy.
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (add more if needed)
- Add all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for an hour. Mix well before serving.
- Best served with Tostitos scoops.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Picnic Recipe