If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pizza is light and crispy, sweet and salty and hits the spot every time!! I like to use a store bought dough from the deli section of the market. They are cheap, quick and easy. I am lucky that my local market stocks Portland Pie Company Shipyard Beer Pizza Dough. Its awesome!!!! It gets a great crisp even in the oven it taste wood fired. Anchovies are not the easiest sell but once you taste them melted into the garlic and sweet tomato hidden under all that cheese you will be hooked!! Something about a pinch of smoked sea salt really makes this pizza simple but over the top with flavor. —Danielle
- 16 ounces Store bought pizza dough
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Minced garlic
- 4 Plum tomatoes seeds removed and diced
- 1 teaspoon Dried oregano
- 2 ounces Can King Oscar anchovies in oil
- 8 ounces Ball fresh mozzarella sliced thin
- 2 ounces Fresh shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Crushed red pepper flakes
- Smoked sea salt and pepper to taste
- flour to dust work surface
- Heat oven to 450 degrees and place the rack in top 1/3 of oven. Dust work space with flour to prevent sticking. Stretch pizza dough into a 18" circle and place on pizza stone.
- In a small dish mix olive oil, garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes. Spread mixture evenly over dough. Top with diced tomato and anchovies.
- Slice the mozzarella as thin as possible and place the rounds over the toppings on the dough. Add the shaved parmesan and season with smoked sea salt and pepper to taste. Bake 12-17 minutes until golden and crispy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies