If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Chocolate and wine in one ooey, gooey, can't-put-your-spoon-down gluten free, allergy friendly, vegan dessert. Need I say more?
This recipe was adapted from Laurie Sadowski to be Top 8 Allergen free, vegan, and serve more people. —Kait Turshen
- 1 cup organic sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup allergy friendly non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup light olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup gluten free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup natural cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup red wine of choice, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and generously grease an 8" pie dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine ? cup sugar, milk, oil, and vanilla. Whisk well and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, 6 tablespoons cocoa, baking soda, and salt; whisk well. Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix until well combined; fold in chocolate chips. Batter should be smooth and thick.
- Evenly spoon batter into greased baking dish. Place dish on a baking sheet in case of spillover.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ? cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cocoa; whisk well. Evenly sprinkle this mixture on top of the batter in dish. Pour red wine over the prepared dish. Do not mix!
- Bake for 35-40 minutes. Pudding should be bubbling and slightly firm to the touch. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes before diving in. Pair with a glass of red wine, a cold glass of allergy friendly milk, or a strong cup of coffee.