If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pongal is a popular breakfast dish in South India. Typically served with coconut chutney and sambar. —Praveen Kumar
- 2 cups Rice
- 1/4 cup Moong Dal
- 2 teaspoons Black Peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon Ghee
- handfuls Cashewnuts
- 1 pinch Asafoetida Powder
- sprigs Curry Leaves
- pinches Salt
- Fry the cashewnuts in little ghee and keep aside.
- Combine the rice and dal in a pan and wash well.
- Drain and add 7 cups of water.
- Pressure cook till 4 whistles and remove.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add the cooked rice and dal.
- Add salt and stir to mix well.
- Garnish with fried cashewnuts.
- Serve with coconut chutney and sambar.