If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A raw kale salad with a ka-pow chimichurri dressing and a creamy floor of lemony hummus. I used fresh oregano that I've managed to keep alive on my windowsill all this brutal winter but you could sub dry or another fresh herb. Substantial and satisfying especially with a hunk of bread to clean up the plate. —Laurie
- 1 handful (large) baby kale, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup hummus, plain with a squeeze of lemon or from your favorite recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 cup packed, italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Put all ingredients into a blender and process until thoroughly mixed. Leftover sauce is great on meats and pasta and also freezes well.