If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This dish cooks quickly, so have all of your ingredients ready before you begin to cook. The sweetness of the dates are balanced by combining them with salty capers and anchovies and toasted nuts. —Double Helping
- 16 Dates
- 3 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Pine Nuts
- 1/4 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 2 tablespoons Capers
- 12 Marinated Anchovy Fillets
- pinches Salt
- Dried Linguine
- In a large saute pan over high heat, combine the olive oil and dates. When the dates begin to blister, approximately 1 minute, add the pine nuts and mint. Both the mint and the nuts will toast quickly. As soon as they do, add the capers and anchovies. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Add cooked linguine to the pan. Toss to evenly distribute and coat.
- Cook linguine al dente according to instruction on package.