If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My Scottish born Italian father is a nutcase. He was a cook in the army in Ireland and had a fish and chip shop in Scotland, but has such a passion for pasta, like no one else I've known. One of his favorite dishes is Spaghetti with Anchovies; when he's going to make it, he claps his hands and rubs them together in anticipation of his culinary creation! The sauce is so simple, it's ready way before the pasta is finished cooking, and he's turned so many others into anchovy lovers with this recipe...I can't tell you how many times I've made this for him, since I was a little girl. Enjoy! —Christina @ Christina's Cucina
Serves 2 good sized portions
- 8 ounces spaghetti (we love De Cecco)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons top quality extra virgin olive oil
- 3 to 5 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed into a few pieces or finely chopped (as desired)
- 1 heaped tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 or 5 anchovies, under oil
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- Cook spaghetti as instructed on package.
- While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce by pouring the olive oil into a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the garlic, and cook for a minute or two until it begins to release it's fragrance; turn the garlic. With the lid close at hand, add the parsley and cayenne pepper (if using) and cover with the lid to avoid the oil squirting.
- Add the anchovies, which will break up very quickly; sauté for a minute or two, stirring gently, then remove from heat. Immediately add the white wine, stir and cover with the lid until the pasta is ready.
- When the pasta is cooked, divide it into two bowls with a pasta fork, without completing draining all the liquid from the pasta. Add the anchovy sauce to the spaghetti in each bowl, and toss to coat. Serve with freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese and a glass of wine.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Anchovies