If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This grilled chicken sandwich is an easy and delicious weeknight meal. It's great for families. You can leave all the toppings on the side and let everyone assemble their own sandwich! Aioli is also so versatile. It can also be used as a dip or salad dressing. Best of all, you can keep most of these ingredients in the pantry. —heather
- 1 sweet Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon Canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 boneless chicken breast
- Salt and pepper (or all purpose seasoning)
- Spray Canola oil
- 1 ounce anchovies (in oil)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 8 drops Sriracha sauce
- 3/4 cup Canola oil
- 1 sandwich roll or baguette
- 1 bunch arugula
- To make the onions: Slice onions. Add butter and oil to a skillet and set over medium heat. When hot, add onions and salt, and sauté about 10 minutes. When nicely browned add balsamic vinegar and sugar and sauté until dry and rich in color.
- To make chicken: Over medium heat, spray a grill pan with canola oil. Season chicken with salt and pepper. When the pan is hot, add chicken. Grill about 5 minutes per side or until chicken registers 165 degrees. Remove and let rest about 5 minutes.
- To make aioli: In a blender, add anchovies, garlic, eggs and Sriracha. Blend. Then in a slow, steady stream, with the motor running, add the oil.
- To assemble sandwich: Toast the bread and spread both sides with aioli. Add chicken, arugula and onion.
- Keep aioli refrigerated. Will last 2 days.