If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 1 cup (heaping) grape tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium-large onion
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 28oz. can whole plum tomatoes
- 2-3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Toss grapes tomatoes with olive oil, salt and pepper. Add to parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- While tomatoes are in the oven, add olive oil to saucepan and heat over medium-low. Add onion and pinch of salt and cook 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and thyme; cook 2 minutes.
- Add whole can of tomatoes with juice, 2 cups of the broth and basil. Break up the tomatoes slightly with a wooden spoon. Bring to a boil then reduce to low and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Let cool slightly and add to a blender along with roasted tomatoes. Puree, add more broth if you like a thinner consistency. Transfer back to pot and season with salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper to taste.