If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: adapted from Jewels of NY
i love lychees, we can't get them fresh so this version is like giving you a tease of what you're missing out on... —Lan | MoreStomach
Makes a lot
- 1/3 cup lychee syrup, canned
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 packets gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup lychee, minched/chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons red jelly, like raspberry or strawberry, optional, for color
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- lightly oil 8X8 baking pan
- in a bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/3 cup of water. ignore for 5 minutes, let the gelatin soften.
- in saucepan, combine syrup with sugar, stir over medium heat until sugar has dissolved. add in the applesauce and lychee bits, and red jam if using, and mix until well combined. add in the gelatin mixture and bring to a boil. at this point you can vitamix it smooth, or keep the chunks if you want. pour mixture into prepared baking pan, allow to cool to room temp and then transfer to fridge until firm, 3 hours.
- cut into squares, or if you’re being cutesy, use 1/2" cookie cutters. i had dw fashion small hearts for me made out of strips of aluminum from a soda can.
- dredge in some sugar to coat. BAM.
- store in airtight container in fridge for up to a week