If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Easy, cheap, and tasty way to healthy eating. —Al Nepomuceno-Baloy
- 1 head cabbage
- ground turkey or beef (75% lean)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 medium tomato
- italian seasoning or oregano, parsley, basil, and rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- chili flakes (optional)
- Chop the cabbage into shreds. Dice the onions, tomato, and garlic.
- Season the ground meat with salt, pepper, and spices. Set aside. (I usually add chili flakes onto the meat)
- Start sweating the bacon. Don't worry, it will give off oil which you will use. Start with the fat so that you get the oil without charring the meat part of the bacon. (Since my husband likes crunchy bacon, I'd set it aside to keep it crispy)
- Remove some of the bacon fat and some means A LOT since I don't want to get a heart attack. I'd usually remove almost all of it. As long as the pan is glistening, then I'm pretty much set.
- Saute the onions till it gets translucent.
- Add the garlic until golden brown.
- Add the tomato and wait till it becomes mushy.
- Add the seasoned ground meat and wait for it to brown.
- Saute the cabbage and wait till it gets a bit wilted. Not too much since you want a bit of crunch.
- Add salt, pepper, and/or spices to taste.
- Top it with the crunchy bacon and serve to the next hungry person.