If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 4 (1 1/2-inch) thick slices sandwich bread
- 4 large eggs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bunches arugula
- Preheat broiler with rack in highest position. In a shallow dish, whisk together 2 tablespoons olive oil and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Dip sandwich bread in vinaigrette and arrange in a buttered baking dish. Use a glass or 2-inch round cutter to remove centers of bread. Broil toast until beginning to brown on one side, about 2 minutes. Flip toast slices, crack eggs into holes, and return dish to broiler. Broil toast with eggs 2 minutes, then cover dish with foil. Broil eggs until just set, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- While toast and eggs cook, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add arugula and cook until just wilted, about 2 minutes. Divide arugula among plates and top with toast slices.