If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a very easy and simple recipe. I grew up eating ceviche every Friday. My dad used to buy 1/4 of a gallon of ceviche for all the family and we would eat it with salted crackers or fried green plantains (recipe: http://www.cocinerita.com/patacones-fried-plantains/ )
I think this is the best way to say goodbye to Winter and welcome Spring / Summer. It's super refreshing! Full post on this recipe here: http://www.cocinerita.com/panama-easy-ceviche/ —LittleLadyCook
- 1 pound fresh fillets (sole, red snapper, rockfish, cod or seabass)
- 1/2 cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 teaspoon Culantro (cilantro works too)
- 1 Habanero Pepper
- 1/4 cup Celery stalk, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 Medium Spanish Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Grapefruit, segmented
- 1 dash Salt (to taste)
- Cut the fish into equal bite size pieces and place in a large glass bowl
- Add the onions, habanero, celery, culantro and mix well with fish and lime juice
- Place bowl in refrigerator for at least 6 hours. (Preferably overnight)
- Serve on a bowl with the grapefruit, salt to taste and fried yuca (I also love to serve it with crackers or fried green plantains).