If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: What's better than a plate of hot waffles? A plate of waffles with half savory waffles, half sweet waffles. I topped the sweet waffles with an apple compote and walnuts, and the savory walnuts are this recipe below. The savory waffles are topped with a chicken and mushroom mixture coated in a creamy whole-grain mustard sauce. Savory waffle goodness. —foxeslovelemons
Herbed Buttermilk Waffles
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
Roasted Chicken & Mustard Cream Sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 cups half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons country Dijon mustard
- 2 cups cooked chicken (I used meat from a rotisserie chicken)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Arugula and paprika, for garnish
- Prepare Herbed Buttermilk Waffles: In large bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk and butter. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. Cook waffles according to waffle maker instructions.
- In large saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, cook 4 to 6 minutes or until mushrooms are golden brown. Add half and half and mustard; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until mixture is reduced by half. Stir in chicken and lemon juice; cook 2 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
- Serve waffles topped with chicken mixture and arugula, and sprinkled with paprika.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard