If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 4 cups Cooked rice
- 1 pound Shrimp, cleaned and deveined
- 1/2 cup Shredded coconut (fresh or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon Mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Oil
- 2 Green chillies, slit length wise
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoons Cilantro, chopped
- 4 Lemon wedges for garnish
- Dry roast mustard seeds in a pan on medium heat for a couple of minutes
- Grind the shredded coconut and mustard seeds with a little bit of water (if needed)
- Add shrimp, salt, turmeric and lemon juice to the mix and marinate for 15-20 minutes
- In a non-stick pan, heat the oil on medium. Add green chillies and let splutter.
- Add the coconut-mustard paste with shrimp and sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked through
- Add the cooked rice and toss until heated through
- Check and adjust seasonings as needed and remove from heat. Toss in cilantro
- Garnish with lemon wedges and more cilantro before serving
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Mustard