If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Like most things in life, classic chocolate chip cookies get better when you add Bourbon. The sweetness of the chocolate chips is paired with a sprinkle of sea salt and the warm complexity of Bourbon to create a perfect combination of complimentary flavors.
Inspired by Savory Sweet Life's chocolate chip cookie recipe, found here: http://savorysweetlife... —Jes Siart
Makes: 36 - 48 cookies
cup salted butter, softened
cup granulated sugar
cups brown sugar, packed
eggs, room temperature
teaspoon vanilla extract
cups all-purpose flour
teaspoon coarse sea salt, plus additional 1 tsp for sprinkling
teaspoon baking soda
teaspoons baking powder
cups dark chocolate chips
- Set oven to 360 degrees
- Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar for 3 to 5 minutes, or until fluffy
- Add eggs, vanilla, and Bourbon and beat for 2 minutes
- Combine baking soda, baking powder, salt, and flour in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine
- Slowly add the dry mixture 1/4 cup at a time, making sure each addition is fully incorporated before adding the next
- Add chocolate chips and mix until the chips are well incorporated
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper and drop 2 tbsp. scoops of cookie dough on the sheet
- Lightly sprinkle each scoop with a pinch of coarse sea salt
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges begin to brown
- Remove from oven and allow the cookies to sit on the baking sheet for two minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool