If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The goat cheese in these mashed potatoes cuts the fat in half and tricks literally everyone who eats them - no one can tell it isn't all butter and cream! They make a great holiday side dish, especially when you already have a spread of rich dishes. —alyson mance
- 6 small/medium eastern potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped (makes about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 1/2 cups half and half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 head roasted garlic
- 3/4 cup goat cheese (about 5 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper, to start
- chopped chives, for garnish
- In a large pan, heat enough salted water to cover the potatoes. Once boiling, add the potatoes and cook until fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, combine all other ingredients in a medium saucepan and simmer until cheese and butter have melted and mixture is warm throughout, 10-12 minutes. Once potatoes are ready, drain the water and add them back to the pan. Slowly pour in the milk mixture in increments and mash using a potato masher. Once potatoes have reached desired thickness, adjust salt and pepper to taste, garnish with chives and serve immediately.