If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Superfood lunch with quinoa, broccoli, spinach, basil, pistachios, and avocado. Inspired by 101 Cookbook's Double Broccoli Quinoa Recipe by Heidi Swanson —Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 5 cups broccoli
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium avocado, sliced
- Rinse the quinoa and cook with 2 cups of water in a saucepan over medium high heat. When the water boils and starts to dry out, turn off the heat. Cover the saucepan so that the quinoa continues to cook.
- While the quinoa is cooking, rinse the broccoli and cut the florets and stems into small pieces.
- In a pot or deep saute pan, bring about 3 cups of water to boil.
- When the water boils, add in the broccoli and cover the pot or saute pan for about 4-5 minutes. Once the broccoli looks cooked, turn off the heat and run the broccoli under cold water.
- Take half of the broccoli and put it in a food processor.
- Add the basil, garlic, pistachios, parmesan cheese, sour cream, and olive oil into the food processor. Blend everything until smooth.
- Empty the quinoa into a large bowl. Pour the blended broccoli mixture into the bowl and stir with the quinoa. Add in the sea salt and stir.
- Fold in the remaining broccoli and chopped spinach.
- Top with sliced avocados and/or additional parmesan cheese.