If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This pizza is a fusion of Italian, Mexican, Japanese and American ingredients that is delicious and easy to make. We chose a beautiful variety of vegetables, sausage with a maranara sauce and sharp cheddar cheese. YUM! Here's the link...
http://tomandanitamorgan.blogspot.com/2014/03/thealmosteverythingtotallyfusionpizza.html? —Tom and Anita Morgan
Serves 8 slices
- 1/3 pound prepared pizza dough
- 1 hand-made chorizo sausage, skinned and crumbled
- 6 ounces of marinara sauce
- 3 ounces of shitake mushrooms, stems removed and cut into quarters
- 1/2 Anaheim pepper, chopped into 1" x 1/4" pieces
- 2 slices of red onion, chopped into 1/2" x 1/2" pieces
- several cloves of garlic, sliced thin
- 12 kalamata olives, quartered (deli olives are better than canned)
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Roll out the dough to 11" diameter on a floured bread board and let rest while the sausage is cooked. Flip and roll several times while sausage is cooking. Don't try to make it a perfect circle; let it be your art.
- Add the oil to a 12 inch saute pan and cook the crumbled sausages over medium-high heat until thoroughly browned; about 9-10 minutes then reserve.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and sweat them for a few minutes to release some flavor
- Wipe most of the oil and any crumbles out of the pan and lower the heat to medium. Lay the pizza dough in the bottom and saute for about 4-5 minutes then flip and cook on the other side for 4-5 minutes. The dough should then be mostly cooked with some medium brown spots on both sides. Remove from the pan and lay on the bread board.
- Spread the marinara sauce on the pizza crust evenly then cover with grated cheddar cheese.
- Spread the sauteed vegetables and sausage on top of the cheese. Then sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Cook on a heated pizza stone on the middle rack in a 425*F oven for 6 minutes or until the cheese is melted and edge of crust is starting to brown.
- Cut the pizza into eighths. Serve on warm plates. Enjoy!