If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After I walk on week day mornings I have to rush to get onto the road so I am not late for work. This smoothie is a perfect solution to weekday, busy mornings when you do not want to skip breakfast. Most of the time I take my smoothie in a coffee cup in the car with me.
The kale and ginger give this breakfast drink a very unique taste and texture...one that I keep coming back to. The fruit I use in this smoothie can be changed and subsitiuted if necessary. It really depends on what you have in the house on any given morning. We always use up soft or old fruit first. —Miriam Borys
- 2 cups almond milk or coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup blueberries - frozen will do
- 1/2 fresh apple (i use the soft apples for my smoothies)
- 1/2 cup kale - washed well and stem removed
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger (I use a chunk of peeled fresh ginger)
- 1/4 cup parsley - washed (use stems as well)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric - ground
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds - ground
- 1 teaspoon flax seed oil
- 1/2 cup frozen fruit (mixed berries, peaches etc.)
- Pour almond or coconut milk into a blender & add chia seeds to allow the chia seeds to soak for 5-10 minutes. (When you soak the seeds in the milk, they expand and become gelatinous, a property that aids digestion and contributes to their low glycemic index)
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until chunks are liquified and the smoothie is the consistency you desire.
- Pour into 2 large glasses and enjoy.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe