If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Tarts are delicious- but they are usually not very healthy. This Chocolate-Rose tart and its gluten-free crunchy crust make for a delicious and nutritious compliment to a nice warm drink or on their own as a dessert. Top with some edible flowers and they're good to go.
Ingredients for crust
- 2 tablespoons gluten free brown bread flour
- 1 teaspoon desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh vanilla bean
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed almonds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons oat milk
Chocolate- Rose Ingredients
- 3 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1.5 tablespoons melted coconut butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup [sweeten to taste]
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 dash Edible flowers [I took mine from a flower tea mixture I have]
- Directions for Crust: Preheat oven to 355F / 180C
- Mix all crust ingredients and let sit for 10 minutes [so chia seeds expand]
- Place in minature oiled tart pans and cook for 8 minutes or until golden brown
- Let cool then remove from tart pans
- Directions for Chocolate: Combine all chocolate ingredients together and place an even amount each in the tart shells.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours and once cooled, top with some edible flowers