If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Happy Valentines Day everyone. This Valentines day I decided to make my significant other an upside down banana-coconut cheesecake because those are some of his favorite ingredients. Make this Valentines day extra special by cooking a lovely dessert for your S.O. & friends. —sabrina
- 60 grams spreadable goats cheese [cream cheese consistency]
- 160 milliliters coconut cream less the water
- 2 dates- pitted and liquified in 2 tablespoons of boiling hot water
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon agar agar
- 1/4 cup jumbo oats
- 1 date [pitted]
- 2 tablespoons desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons oat milk [or any other type of milk]
- 1/2 tablespoon almond oil [rice bran oil /coconut oil also works]
- 1/2 teaspoon ground or fresh ginger
- Directions for the cheese: Place a non-stick pan over medium heat and add in the maple syrup and slices of the banana.
- Cook until the maple syrup is bubbling and the banana is smushy.
- Place all ingredients, less the agar agar in a small pot and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Once melted, place mixture in a blender or small food processor and blend until dates and bananas are smooth.
- Place the mixture back into the pot and let cool.
- Once cooled, add in the agar agar and place over medium-high heat until it boils [2 minutes].
- Stir mixture, making sure the agar-agar has melted and then move the pot away from the stove and let cool.
- Directions for the crust: While the cheese is cooling, gather all crust ingredients into a small bowl and mix until even. Place in a small springform or tart pan.
- Place the springform over the stove on medium heat for approximately 3 minutes until light brown.
- Pour cheese mixture over and cool in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- I decided to flip mine because I thought the crust was beautiful but it can be served either way.
- Decorate with desiccated coconut and slices of banana or rose petals like I did [for Valentines Day].
- Let sit outside of the fridge for 20-30 minutes before serving.