Happy Valentines Day everyone. This Valentines day I decided to make my significant other an upside down banana-coconut cheesecake because those are some of his favorite ingredients. Make this Valentines day extra special by cooking a lovely dessert for your S.O. & friends. —sabrina
- Serves 2
- Cheese Ingredients
spreadable goats cheese [cream cheese consistency]
coconut cream less the water
dates- pitted and liquified in 2 tablespoons of boiling hot water
- Crust Ingredients:
oat milk [or any other type of milk]
almond oil [rice bran oil /coconut oil also works]
ground or fresh ginger
- Directions for the cheese: Place a non-stick pan over medium heat and add in the maple syrup and slices of the banana.
- Cook until the maple syrup is bubbling and the banana is smushy.
- Place all ingredients, less the agar agar in a small pot and stir until the cheese has melted.
- Once melted, place mixture in a blender or small food processor and blend until dates and bananas are smooth.
- Place the mixture back into the pot and let cool.
- Once cooled, add in the agar agar and place over medium-high heat until it boils [2 minutes].
- Stir mixture, making sure the agar-agar has melted and then move the pot away from the stove and let cool.
- Directions for the crust: While the cheese is cooling, gather all crust ingredients into a small bowl and mix until even. Place in a small springform or tart pan.
- Place the springform over the stove on medium heat for approximately 3 minutes until light brown.
- Pour cheese mixture over and cool in the refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- I decided to flip mine because I thought the crust was beautiful but it can be served either way.
- Decorate with desiccated coconut and slices of banana or rose petals like I did [for Valentines Day].
- Let sit outside of the fridge for 20-30 minutes before serving.