Author Notes: Overnight oats are the perfect weekday breakfast - mix them up the night before and then eat them straight out of the fridge the next morning! My favorite recipe reminds me of the tropics. Since it's packed with protein and fiber, it always keeps me full until lunch - and makes me a little less scared of my bikini. Like all overnight oats recipes, feel free to substitute different kinds of yogurt, juice, fruit, and nuts, and if it's too thick in the morning (thanks to the chia seeds), just add another splash of juice. —LeeLeeBee
cup rolled oats
cup orange juice
cup plain yogurt (vanilla is great, too, but a bit too sweet for me)
tablespoon chia seeds
cup mango chunks, fresh or frozen
tablespoons almonds or macadamia nuts, chopped
- The night before, mix together the rolled oats, orange juice, yogurt, and chia seeds (preferably in the container out of which you'll eat it!).
- If your mango is frozen, add it to the top of the oat mixture. If your mango is fresh (lucky you!), hold off and add it in the morning.
- Put the container in the fridge overnight (or for a few hours at a minimum). The oats will soften up and the mixture will thicken.
- In the morning, check the consistency (if it's too thick, add a bit more juice or yogurt), then give it a stir and top with almonds or macadamia nuts.
- Dream of digging your toes into the sand.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe