If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: When eaten separately the ingredients in this salad each have a very distinct taste. However, when combined there is a savory taste.
The radicchio is bitter.
The lemon juice is sour.
The watermelon is sweet.
The dressing is salty.
Combined with tangy lemon zest, crisp fennel and leaves, creamy avocado, sharp dijon mustard, smooth olive oil and a tingle of mint the sensation an umami-like sensation results. I could eat this all day. —sabrina
- 75 grams pink radicchio
- 75 grams watermelon cubes- sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel
- 1 tablespoon fennel leaves
- 1 avocado- pitted and sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon sliced mint
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- Combine olive oil, dijon mustard and lemon juice in a small bowl and mix until even.
- Place all salad ingredients into a serving plate or individual plates.
- Drizzle dressing on top.