If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: healthy / vegan oatmeal-raisin cookies with a lovely twist that can be enjoyed for breakfast with a tall glass of (dairy-free) milk
adapted from mangia —izzy rael
Makes 12-16 cookies
cups rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
teaspoon baking soda
cup brown sugar
tablespoons olive oil
cups unsweetened almond milk (more if dough is too dry)
cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
handfuls cacao nibs
cup toasted coconut flakes**
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Use a food processor to grind the oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and brown sugar into a fine flour
- Pour "flour" into a large bowl and fold in olive oil, almond milk, and raisins, and cacao nibs
- Gently fold in coconut flakes (**toasted on pan at medium-high heat for about 4 minutes), as not to break them (entirely)
- Take small piece dough, and roll into a ball (be sure to taste test, just to make sure that it's not poison or anything…) and place on a baking sheet. repeat.
- Flatten balls into round disks (unless you want baked cookie truffles, which is totally OK.)
- Bake in the oven for 6-8 minutes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe