If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I generally eat at least two vegan meals a day. A vegan breakfast favorite of mine is 7 Grain Hot Cereal with fresh fruit, dried fruit, seeds and nuts. I buy the Bob's Red Mill brand 7 Grain Cereal and make a batch over the weekend, following the package directions (1 cup of uncooked cereal makes about 4-5 servings of cooked cereal.) I store the cooked cereal in the refrigerator and take single servings to work with some almond milk and various toppings -- such as any combination of fresh fruit, dried fruit, seeds, nuts, and cinnamon. I heat the cereal and milk, add my toppings, and top with a tiny drizzle of maple syrup. Walnuts, pumpkin seeds, dried plums, and fresh cut up yellow peaches are among my favorite toppings! —Mandy Bora
Makes 4 servings
Bob's Red Mill 7 Grain Cereal, water, salt
- 1 cup Bob's Red Mill 7 Grain Cereal
- 3 cups Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- Follow directions on cereal package by first bringing water and salt to boil in medium sized pot.
- Add 7 Grain Cereal, stir, reduce heat, and cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes.
- Divide into four equal servings, and serve warm or store in individual containers in the refrigerator until ready to eat.
Fresh peaches, dried plums (prunes), walnuts, pumpkin seeds, almond milk, maple syrup, cinnamon
- 1 Fresh Yellow Peach, sliced
- 1/8 cup Dried Plums
- 2 tablespoons Walnuts (raw and shelled)
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Seeds, (raw and shelled)
- 1/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1/8 teaspoon Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
- For each serving of cereal, warm and serve with ingredients in list two.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe