If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Our Organic Yogurt, Home-Made Granola and Fruit Breakfast...Our weekday breakfast is a healthy combination of organic goat yogurt sprinkled with our home-made organic Maple Flavored Dried Fruit Granola. We change the fruit according to the season but the granola and yogurt remain the same. See the granola recipe on our blog @
http://tomandanitamorgan.blogspot.com/2013/01/maple-flavored-dried-fruit-granola.html? —Tom and Anita Morgan
Makes 26 ounces
- 3 cups organic rolled oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 cups of assorted dry fruits (raisins, figs, apricots, dates, cranberries, blueberries, etc.)
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil; peanut oil preferred
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cashew pieces
- Preheat oven to 250* F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, nuts, salt and brown sugar. Add in the maple syrup and oil and mix thoroughly.
- Spread mixture thinly and evenly onto two cooking tins with sides about ½ inch high. Cook for 45 to 60 minutes stirring carefully every 15 minutes and inter-changing where the cooking tins are placed every time you stir. This will give you more even browning.
- Note: The granola is done when it has a nice tan color, not dark, and can be chewed easily. Remove trays from oven. Let granola cool; then mix in dried fruit and place in sealed plastic bags. It will keep for two weeks, unrefrigerated.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe