If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I love shellfish. When I am at one of the nicer grocery stores like Whole Foods or Wegmans (the best grocery store there is), and they have some good looking muscles, I'm bound to buy the 2 lbs bag and cook them up into a nice white wine sauce over pasta. This is a slightly different approach French version of Mussels with toast points.
This recipe is partially inspired by a recipe recently posted on Fight the Fat Foodie blog. He posted a really nice, healthier version of the Food Network's classic mussels. I decided to switch a few of the ingredients around, but all in all, its still pretty classic.l. —Carnivore&Vegetarian
- 2 pounds Mussels
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Shallots chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, slightly melted
- 1 teaspoon pink pepper corns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon dry parsley
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons chili flakes (optional)
- In large pot with lid, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir to mix and coat mussels. Cover and cook for approximately 10-15 minutes, or until mussels are cooked. Discard any mussels that did not open
- Pour sauce into a separate bowl. Divide mussels into separate bowls and top with half the sauce. Serve with toasted bread.
- Eat. Enjoy!