If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I first had muesli on a trip to Switzerland and I've played around with recreating the flavors ever since. I mix the ingredients together the night before, keep in the fridge and in the morning have an delicious and healthy breakfast. Enjoy! —cynabee
- 0.25 cups steel-cut oats
- 1 tablespoon shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon raisins or cranberries
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 0.3 cups blueberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup kefir (plain)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 10 roasted unsalted almonds, chopped
- Mix all dry ingredients and the blueberries in a breakfast bowl or over-sized coffee mug.
- Add 1c of plain kefir and mix well. Good substitutes for kefir are a thin plain yogurt or a 50:50 mix of plain greek yogurt and milk (or almond or soy, etc).
- Cover with plastic wrap and set in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, take out of fridge to warm a little (15min or so). Then drizzle with honey and enjoy.
- For more depth of flavor, steel-cut oats and coconut flakes can be lightly toasted and then cooled prior to mixing.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe