If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This comforting bowl of oats features tahini, oranges, and dried apricots. It is quick and easy, yet tastes like it was made for a weekend morning. —Rebecca Fallihee | Eggplant & Olive
- 0.5 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 3 dried unsulphured apricots
- 1 orange, thinly sliced and then diced
- zest from 1/3 of orange
- 0.5 teaspoons orange blossom water, optional
- stevia drops or choice of sweetener, to taste
- On the stovetop, put a small saucepan to boil with water.
- Once it comes to a rolling boil, turn down to medium and stir in the oats and apricots. Let cook until it is soft and nearly all the water has been absorbed, about four minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the tahini, mashing it with your spoon until it is spread evenly throughout.
- Take off the heat, and zest about 1/3 of an orange peel over the mixture. Stir in the orange blossom water and diced orange, including the juice from the cutting board.
- Turn the whole mixture into a bowl and sweeten to taste. Enjoy!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Dried Fruit