If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Whenever we have soup for dinner I always have soup for breakfast the next day. I love the comfort of it for my morning meal. This soup is one that can be made in 10 minutes or less and including the water has only 6 ingredients. —inpatskitchen
Makes 2 to 3 servings
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup brown rice miso paste
- 1 3/4 cups cooked chick peas (or one 15 ounce canned, drained and rinsed)
- 3 cups chopped baby spinach leaves
- 2 large green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- In a medium soup pot boil the water and miso together until the miso dissolves. Add the chick peas and bring back up to the boil.
- Stir in the spinach leaves and cook until they wilt. Off the heat, stir in the green onions and start by stirring in 2 tablespoons of the soy sauce. Taste and add another tablespoon of soy sauce if desired.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe