If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Menemen has a special role in Turkish breakfast as being an egalitarian dish. It is eaten regardless of the socioeconomic status. —beril
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 Small onion, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chili flakes
- Dried oregano
- 1/2 Big green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Big ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 Large eggs, scrambled
- Feta (optional)
- Olives (optional)
- Cucumber (optional)
- Toast (optional)
- Sautee onion with olive oil until tender. Add salt, ground black pepper, chili flakes and dried oregano.
- Add chopped green pepper and cook for 2 mins, until softens a bit.
- Add chopped tomatoes and give it a simmer for 2 mins until the juices got absorbed a little but not totally.
- Add scrambled eggs. Cook until the eggs are cooked thoroughly.
- Serve with toast, sliced cucumber, olives and feta.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe