If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe evolved from an orange zest rice pudding I ate on a trip to Morocco a few years back. I'm a bit of a fitness and health fanatic, so the quinoa pudding was my (successful) attempt at a "clean" version. I absolutely loved the way it turned out, and highly recommend experimenting with new toppings/flavour variations! Orange and vanilla is my go-to combo, but I've tried everything from raisin-walnut-chia seed to cinnamon-apple-pecan. I'm not into complicated recipes; I like simple ingredients that never disappoint. —Alex Levy
- 3/4 cup water-cooked quinoa
- zest of 1/2 an orange
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4-1/2 cups full-fat coconut milk (depending on how soup-y you'd like it!)
- Cook large quantity of quinoa in advance in accordance to the directions on the package of the brand you buy. Mine states to use 1.5 cups of water for every cup of quinoa, bring to a boil and then let simmer for 12-15 minutes until the water is fully absorbed.
- Immediately add coconut milk, vanilla and maple syrup to 3/4 cup of cooked quinoa while it's still warm. Mix well.
- Take the zest of half an orange and sprinkle it on top of the quinoa pudding. Enjoy it right away!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe