If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Although I’m usually a sausage and eggs for breakfast kind of girl, I’ve been on a granola kick recently. It feels like a healthier way to start my day, and it’s a downright heavenly canvas for so many different flavor combinations. Granola can be earthy, with plenty of seeds and grains, or it can be decadent, studded with chocolate chunks and cherries. It can be All-American with almonds and coconut, or exotic, with spices like ginger or cardamom.
I was in an ice cream state of mind when I found myself wanting to bake a batch of granola -- for me, that means butter pecan. This granola is packed with the same flavors as my favorite ice cream, minus the guilt.
—Feed Me Dearly
Food52 Review: Rich and indulgent, Feed Me Dearly’s granola is a fantastic balance of crisp, crunchy oats and smooth, buttery pecans. The maple syrup and brown sugar impart hints of dark caramel, while the butter and salt cut through the decadent sweetness. Bake until the oats turn a dark, golden brown to allow the sugars to fully caramelize and the oats to develop a rich flavor, similar to that of buttered toast. Pair the granola with a bowl of thick, plain yogurt and it's almost like eating butter pecan ice cream for breakfast. —Taylor Schwartz
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, not packed
- 8 ounces chopped pecans
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 250° F. Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, mix together the wet ingredients, then stir them into the dry ingredients.
- Spread the mixture on a large sheet pan covered with parchment paper. Bake the granola, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes to an hour, depending on how dark you want it. Cool completely and store in an airtight container
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe