If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is another one of my go-to breakfast recipes that is my absolute favorite. I'm one who simply loves a savory breakfast, so this combination really satisfies my tastebuds. I also love that I can cook it one cast iron skillet and - for days when I'm really rushed - seriously eat it right out of the skillet! On days when I'm hungrier, I'll have a side of homemade granola or perhaps a mandarin / banana, etc. Also, even though you put the dollop of marscapone on the asparagus, once it begins to melt a bit and mix in with all the flavors of the dish, it is DIVINE on the egg as well! Oh and using coconut oil is a must!! The sweetness of it balances out the dish in my opinion. —Ashley Marie
stalks asparagus, trimmed
dollop coconut oil
dollop marscapone cheese
salt and pepper to taste
hot sauce, optional
- Heat your cast iron over medium-high heat. Add coconut oil.
- Once it's melted, add your trimmed asparagus and scoot around until they're sufficiently coated. Saute for approximately 6 minutes, until they begin to brown and soften.
- Push the asparagus to one side and crack your egg into the other side of the pan. Cook until you feel the egg is done, turning over if you like it fried like me.
- Remove everything to a plate, and immediately squirt the asparagus with a bit of lemon juice and top with a dollop of marscapone.
- Salt & pepper to your taste. Add hot sauce if you like.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weekday Breakfast Recipe