If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: a quick, cheerful, Spring-y dish to brighten up a weeknight dinner —Jinnie22
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 head of fennel, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 3/4 cup low sodium chicken stock
- 1 pinch saffron threads
- 1 bunch tarragon, leaves rinsed and removed
- 2 cups golden tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- 1 orange
- 1 pound fresh linguine
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter and add the fennel.
- Saute the fennel until it has softened, about 7-8 minutes, allowing the fennel to 'catch' in the pan and get a little color.
- Add the vermouth, the chicken stock, saffron, and a good pinch of the red pepper flakes, and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the tomatoes, and simmer until they begin to break up, about 2-3 more minutes. Add the zest and the juice of the orange, and the creme fraiche.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions, drain and reserve.
- When ready to serve, add the crab meat and stir to warm through.
- Add the pasta to the pan, along with the tarragon and combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.