a quick, cheerful, Spring-y dish to brighten up a weeknight dinner —Jinnie22
- Serves 4
head of fennel, thinly sliced
low sodium chicken stock
tarragon, leaves rinsed and removed
golden tomatoes, roughly chopped
red pepper flakes
In This Recipe
- Heat a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter and add the fennel.
- Saute the fennel until it has softened, about 7-8 minutes, allowing the fennel to 'catch' in the pan and get a little color.
- Add the vermouth, the chicken stock, saffron, and a good pinch of the red pepper flakes, and cook until reduced by half.
- Add the tomatoes, and simmer until they begin to break up, about 2-3 more minutes. Add the zest and the juice of the orange, and the creme fraiche.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions, drain and reserve.
- When ready to serve, add the crab meat and stir to warm through.
- Add the pasta to the pan, along with the tarragon and combine.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.