If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The beauty of this ice cream is that it doesn't require a machine- whipping all ingredients individually means the texture remains soft and light. The recipe can also be used as a base for other flavours, so do experiment! It's adapted from Jamie Oliver's semifreddo (Jamie Magazine, Issue 3) —Anna Lina
grams caster sugar
large free-range eggs
milliliters double cream
- Whisk sugar and egg yolks in the largest bowl until pale, creamy and doubled in size.
- In a second bowl, whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt until stiff peaks form.
- In a third bowl, whip the cream and vanilla beans until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the cream then then egg whites into the egg yolk mixture.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours, stirring once every hour.