If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A grain free, vegan, & gluten free cookie bar that is healthy enough to eat for breakfast, yet decadent enough for dessert. The cashew flour adds a level of complexity that is quite unexpected. You get a slight hint of saltiness from the cashews that complements the sweetness from the agave/honey and chocolate chips. And by using chia seeds instead of eggs, you get to taste the batter before baking to make sure everything tastes just right. —kris c.
tablespoons chia seeds
cups cashew flour
teaspoon baking soda
tablespoon pure vanilla extract
tablespoons milk (nut or dairy free milk for vegan bars)
cup coconut butter (cocoa coconut butter can be used)
tablespoons agave or honey (agave for vegan bars)
cup chocolate chips (dairy-free chips for vegan bars)
- Combine chia seeds and water in bowl and set aside to let it thicken into gel (approximately 10 mins). This is the egg replacer.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine cashew flour, baking soda, & salt.
- Once the chia seeds have gelled, add vanilla, milk, coconut butter, and honey (or agave). Stir to mix.
- Add the chia mixture into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. At this point you can feel free to taste to make sure you're happy with the sweetness level.
- Pour mix into a greased 8x8 in square pan or two loaf pans. Spread until approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Bake 15 mins or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool before slicing.