If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I created this dish out of need to use the abundance of summer squash showing up in my CSA last summer. I used a mix of crookneck and pattypan squash, but any summer squash will do. Sort of a cross between a crustless quiche and a casserole, its a great dish that can be eaten at any meal and even stood up well to freezing. —SugarnStuff
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup purple onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups grated summer squash
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup black salt cured olives
- 1 roasted red pepper, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup harissa sauce
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter a rectangular casserole dish.
- Over medium heat, cook onion, green pepper and olive oil until softened. Salt to taste, then turn off heat. Shred squash in food processor and add to onion mixture.
- In separate bowl, stir eggs and chickpea flour together, then use stick blender to blend mixture until no lumps remain. Stir in milk, harissa, olives, roasted red pepper and crumbled feta. Pour mixture into squash mixture and stir to fully combine. Pour into prepared casserole dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until centre is set and top is golden. Cut into 9 squares.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas