If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Healthy and luscious this salad is great for light lunch. Garbanzo Beans is paired with garlic and other ingredients to make this tasty dish. This is a healthful, easy salad uses few ingredients, and will complement any meat or poultry dish if you serve it for dinner. —Melangery
- 1 1/2 cups cooked garbanzo beans
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 green apple, peeled and shredded
- 1 Orange, peeled and diced
- 1 garlic clove, minsed
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seed oil
- 1/2 Boston lettuce
- To cook the garbanzo beans, soak the dried chickpeas overnight in cold water. Drain the garbanzo beans and put in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover generously. Bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 10-15 minutes. Drain.
- In a large bowl mix together all the vegetables, fruits, grains and seeds.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, sunflower seed oil, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle over the salad, lightly toss the salad. Sprinkle fresh herbs on a top and serve.