Author Notes: This is a great meatless alternative to traditional curried chicken salad. I adapted this recipe from thesimpleveganista.blogspot.com and added several ingredients to help enhance the curry flavor. It surprisingly tastes very similar to curried chicken salad, but better!
Makes: 8-10 sandwich servings
cups cooked chickpeas
green onions, diced
cup dried currants
cup cilantro, chopped
cup tahini (sesame paste) that has been thinned with water
tablespoon curry powder
freshly ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, add chickpeas and roughly mash half the chickpeas with a potato masher.
- Add thinned tahini, curry powder, salt and pepper to taste. Mix well so all ingredients are incorporated.
- Add carrots, green onions, cilantro and dried currants to chickpeas and combine.
- Add salt and cracked pepper to taste.
- Serve as a sandwich filling or eat on its own as a side salad.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Chickpeas