If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Celebrating British recipes without Hog Roast Recipe can be such an incomplete one. It is very difficult for one to resist the yummy taste and composition, or the flavouring aroma of spit-roasted pork and its exclusive prize of crunchy crackling. But, only when you feed a crowd, you are not be satisfied fully unless you cook a whole pig. —Hog Roast
- 8 tablespoons Runny Honey
- 3 tablespoons Caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ tablespoons Crushed fennel seeds
- 8 tablespoons English mustard
- 4 tablespoons Cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar, for the apple sauce
- 4 pieces Bramley apples
- ½ pieces Lemon nutmeg,for the cider bread
- 1 piece Pork skin and fat from the belly
- 1000 grams White bread flour
- 15 grams Salt
- 10 grams Dried yeast
- 300 milliliters Warm water
- 300 milliliters Warm cider
- The method generally involves Seasoning the meat generously with i pinch of salt and pepper. Then gradually you have to Stir the honey, vinegar, soy sauce, mustard, and sugar in a small bowl and mix it properly. Put the collar of Blythburgh Free Range Pork in a roasting tin and glaze is evenly spread over the top. The content is covered with a foil and roasted in the oven at 170ºC for about 2½ hours, occasionally basting it. Then the foil should be removed and cooked for another hour. To prepare the apple sauce: you have to put the apples along with the lemon juice, sugar, fennel seeds and water into a saucepan and generously grate the nutmeg. The apples should be covered so that it completely softens. The lumps of apple should be crushed with a fork.
- For preparation of the bread, you should use the pork scratching. Then very carefully you remove the rind from the fat, discarding the rind. Then the pork belly fat should be cut into very small pieces about 2mm size and put into a saucepan. Cook this over a very low heat for approximately 30-45 minutes and occasionally drain off the liquid fat. Once they become golden and crispy, season it nicely with salt and pepper. Mix the flour, yeast, cider and salt in a bowl with warm water and spread it in a floured surface and knead it for 10 minutes. After this the scratching should be scattered over. Then keep the dough back into the bowl and allow it to rise for approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour. Then the mixture is divided into 12 pieces, shaped them and cook it at 210ºC for 15-20 minutes. The yummy Hog Roast Recipe is ready for you; you can serve it in the cidar bread rolls along with the very tasty spiced apple sauce.
More Great Recipes: